Sunday, February 12, 2012

People With a Positive Attitude Beat Cancer



If I hear it again I will gag.  Mr. Wellmeaning, looks blankly at me and says, "People with the right attitude are the ones who beat cancer."

Forgive me, while I step behind the shrubs for a minute.

People like that have never had their belly sliced open and had their guts rolled out onto a table for a surgeon to work on.  They've never experienced pain so deep that only the strongest pain killers can
touch - maybe.  They've never had a cathatar taped to their leg, and a bag of chemo taped to their waist, and an ostomy bag taped to their belly,  all at the same time, and lines going into their body in the most challenging of places.

They've never known pain so intense that death would seem like the kindest mercy that could happen.

But there they stand, telling me what I have to do to make it through the night.

Grrrrr. Let them see what kind of attitude they would have if they were in my place.

Lord spare me from the the mindless platitudes of people who've never walked in my footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.