Saturday, February 4, 2012

Garlic and Cancer


I was feeling overwhelmed by a strept virus which was doing its damage in my throat the other evening.  I seemed to recall reading, that garlic is an infection fighter, so I took a big cut out of a single garlic clove and began chewing it.  Hardly an hour had passed when the irritation passed.  This led me to wonder if garlic had been accredited at all, as a cancer fighter.   So began an interesting online investigation.

My research indicated that the value of garlic in curing cancer is diverse. Many websites point to countries where garlic is eaten a lot, and where incidents of cancer are relatively low.  The National Cancer Institute reports that garlic may reduce your chances of getting cancer, but they draw short of suggesting that it has curative properties. Click here.


Preliminary studies suggest that garlic consumption may reduce the risk of developing several types of cancer, especially cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. Most of the studies evaluated different types of garlic preparations and used them in varying amounts.


Naturalnews.com, is much more bullish about garlic's power at defeating cancer. Saturday Jan.17, 2004 reports: Science Proves that Garlic Cures Cancer Cells.

Dr. Ediem writes:
(1) Grate one habanero pepper each day, putting it on bread. Yes, you use the seeds. (2) Grate two cloves of garlic each day, putting them on bread (3) 1-2 Tablespoons of Emulsified cod liver oil each day.* TwinLabs makes some wonderfully flavored cod liver oil.
I used the cod liver oil because I was not losing any weight or dealing with fluid retention. If I had either of those conditions, I would have used evening primrose oil or borage oil instead of the emulsified cod liver oil.*(4)Smother the grated garlic and habaneros peppers with real butter and eat it. No margarines of any type, including Smart Balance, etc.
If hot peppers didn't agree with me, then ginger is what I would use - and yes I trust the ginger just as much as the habanero to do the job.That's it!
 Please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.