Saturday, February 25, 2012

Liver Surgery - An Improving Story


Megan Ogilvie, of the Toronto Star has written an excellent article on the development of liver surgery. She features the story of Dr. Ian McGilvrary, of Toronto General Hospital.  When I read the article, I found myself focusing on two areas. One, being the story of how far liver surgery has come, and how important it can be for someone needing it. Secondly, I was intriqued by the story of Mark Bauer who was diagnosed in 2002, and who took chemotherapy and followed it up with naturopathic treatment. Five years later his tumours shrunk.  When Bauer eventually underwent Dr. McGilvrary's surgical procedure - it was a big operation, but a successful one.

Please click here to read the article, 'Toronto surgeon  redefines 'hopeless' cancer cases. The article appears in today's (February 25, 2012), Toronto Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.