Tuesday, April 24, 2012

When the cure kills - or does it?

Where do you turn when you believe in your heart of hearts that the medical system is killing you but yet, they've got some pretty solid tools to deal with cancer.

Let me give you an example. I got off my diet and was unable to get amount of fresh green vegetables that I needed to keep my anti cancer train on track.  When I got home from Barbados I learned that the small tumours in my lungs had grown - not a lot but enough for my thoraxic surgeon to suggest a new form of radiation for me.  The radiation would literally fire several beams at a single tumour, from different angles and blow it to kingdom come.

Sounds good to me. But it means that I would have to take CT scans - lots of them.

Everything I read, has told me of the imporance of the Thymus gland to store lymphocyte T cells and release them into the lymphatic system.  When I looked at my most recent CT scan.....my thymus gland is not there. Its literally been radiated to death.   

Now get this. Every single doctor I have spoken to has told me the standard textbook story...:"The Thymus isn't necessary or meaningful in an adult".  

I have also read  too much radiation impacts the body's blood marrow factories and reduces their ability to produces healthy blood cells.  This has been a problem for me.

Get this.  When I talk to doctors about these issues, they look at me like I am from outer space.  I am entering a domain of privileged information for the medical community. They say things like....."You can take lots of CT scans...more then you will live long enough to create problems".

At what time does excessive radiation become counter productive?

If  I take this new multi directional radiation technique - and it is successful, does the ongoing number of CT scans impact my ability to produce cancer fighting lymphocytes?

Where does a body turn?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.