Monday, April 23, 2012

Self Monitoring is Important

How well do you communicate with your body? Does it tell you things?  When I was really feeling rough with cancer, I had huge cravings for foods which would feed the internal yeast machine.  They included, sugar, and yeast products. I also craved acids - colas, pickles, cheese, coffee for instance.

When I came down with cancer, and began modifying my diet, the craving didn't go immediately away.  But I noticed something interesting, that I had frequent yeast reaction symptoms to foods. I would get congestion in my chest and throat.  I noticed that my body would react to almonds in the same way.

A friend who died of cancer a couple of years ago, slowly felt his lungs filling with congestion. He coughed more and more as he began losing his hold on life.  Towards the end, he looked at his wife and said, "I feel like I'm drowning." He semed to be swimming in mucous.

Speaking personally, from what I have read, acid, and sugar and yeast are the fearsome three that promote and growth of cancer cells and tumours. They are the enemy. When I crave, then I know that tumours and cancer cells and crying out to be fed. Think about it that way.  Scary isnt it?

But there is more.  Our body also tells us when all it is in harmony.  We feel good. Our endomorphines are released and we feel really healthy.  And when we take nice long walks each day, or jog, or intentionally fill our lungs with a lot of oxygen  - we become fully alive and we are fighting fit to overcome the beast within.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.