Monday, June 11, 2012

What Gives in the Medical Profession???

One of Toronto's biggest hospitals booked me in for a biopsy. Get this. The instructions said....No drugs, no meds, no aspirin, no warfarin, no herbal supplements for 2 weeks.

Hello?

Do I read this right?  No herbal supplements?

I have had a doctor give me a 5 minute rant on alternative cancer treatment.
I had a family doctor tell me flat out.."Don't even tell me about natural cures...I don't believe it and don't want to hear about it."

I had  another doctor say..."Stay clear of homeopathic stuff.......its a fraud."

Now, I can see why they would want people not to take natural blood thinners such as Pau D'arco, or even muscadine grape extract for they do thin the blood. And, the last thing you  need is to experience unexpected, uncontrolled bleeding during a medical procedure.

But if I was told to stop taking healthy herbal supplements which I do to strengthen my attack, its interesting that that I was not told to avoid drinking buckets of coke, or eating all the sugar, ice cream,  dill pickles and moldy cheese, coffee, or alcoholic beverages.  Why was it a one way street?

The website Mademan.com has this message:
Stop taking herbal supplements. Various herbal supplements may affect the tissue samples from your prostate gland. To avoid unexpected anomalies, prepare your body for the cancer biopsy by discontinuing consumption of herbal supplements seven days prior to the procedure.  Please click here. 

If herbal supplements skewer tissue sample biopsies, then does this not mean, that they are impacting and infiltrating tumours? Does this not mean - there is some evidence of them possibly, working?

We are in an age when the Ontario medical profession has a simple creed for fighting cancer. Fry it, cut it out or poison it.



Am I cynical  - you bet.  My brother is a truck driver and a friend of his had a job every Christmas season of delivering expensive gifts to doctor's homes - from  pharmaceutical companies. Go ahead. Read those words again. He delivered, expensive gifts to doctors homes, from pharmaceutical companies.  Does it tell you whose pocket they were in - and likely are in now?

Its time that our the Ontario medical profession set aside their own self interests and look at the interests of their patients and what they can use from - whatever source - to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.