Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Visit to the Medicor Clinic



I had my first visit with Dr. Akbar Khan yesterday in North York's  Medicor Clinic.

Dr. Khan welcomed  my wife and I into his office, and he spent a few minutes going through the various forms I filled out in advance.

The forms listed such things as allergies, supplements I had been taking, past medical records, and my personal history with cancer.

DCA has a few side effects. There is a fuzzy brain syndrome for some and for others there is tingling in nerve endings in fingers.  In my mind, it seemed that if it works, its a small price to pay for life.



DCA has a few side effects. There is a fuzzy brain syndrome for some and for others there is tingling in nerve endings in fingers.  In my mind, it seemed that if it works, its a small price to pay for life.

He explained how DCA works, |triggering natural cell death (called apoptosis) in cancer cells. Normally apoptosis is shut off in cancer, hence the non-stop growth. It also interferes with glucose metabolism in the cancer cells, but not the healthy cells in the body.


Dr. Khan went on to explain that DCA has also been the study of a number of studies after its initial testing at the University of Alberta.

Dr. Khan is no doubt a pioneer in using this approach - in N. America, and possibly throughout the world. There are a few doctors in the States, he said, who unceremoniously slip DCA to needy patients under the table. But, taking all that aside his Medicor Clinic is the only one of its type.

He shares the office complex with Doug Andrews, a naturopathic doctor.   It was interesting, when we talked for a few minutes about naturopathy,  Khan said that he was the first to admit that he had reservations about naturopaths being " real doctors", but he has quickly changed his opinion when he realized the depth of their education (4 years at the college level)

I was impressed by the whole experience.  The clinic occupies three offices in an attractive, new building in North York, Ontario, just north of highway 401 in the city of North York.   And,  Dr. Khan is a well spoken, pleasant middle aged doctor who was encouraging and respectful in manner.

The DCA is expensive, but I didn't have to mortgage my house. ($175 per bottle which would last a couple of weeks). And the protocol, in the beginning is a two week on - one week off issue.

As we drove home my wife asked me if I am optimistic.  I didn't tell her that I didn't think Reishi which had a 40% success rate worked for me.  I responded by telling her that  I was at least, "hopeful".  Isn't that what its all about?

Dr. Khan said to me, that it appears that my tumours were slow growing.  I thought..."Right...they had a better be...I have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at them...from having an alkyline  host body to becoming vegan and to taking a lot of supplements.

Anyway...I will keep you informed. While I am not cynical nor skeptical of its results, I am also realistic that tests after about 8 months of taking reishi didn't reveal any noticeable changes in my situation. But..who knows?  When you swim over your head in fast turbulent water you never know where the rocks are hidden and where your journey will take you. You can only hope.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read more and hope you see success with your DCA experience! We are trying to raise funding for DCA research at U of A...check out our campaign page here http://www.indiegogo.com/DCAandCancer?show_todos=true

    We are also trying to do a local raffle to raise money but the licensing is putting a halt to it. I guess we have to become a non profit organization first.

    Good luck and good health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crissyissy. Thanks for your comment. I posted your project and link at the right side of the blog. Ironically, if not mistaken, I wrote to the U of A, and asked if I could be one of the test subjects but didn't get a reply. Fortunately, I found the Medicor clinic in Toronto.
    I will make continual postings about my DCA experience. I am one of the lucky ones who is able to access the Toronto clinic. Best of luck in your endeavour.

    ReplyDelete

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.