Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Thestar.com - VideoZone - Last-chance cancer surgery

I have had liver cancer.

It was a small tumour growing on the surface of my liver and I had a wedge removed from the liver at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto.

The operation went well.

I had the usual issues -  back pain, reaction to medication, exhaustion but that goes with the turf.  When it all settled down my liver had regrown in about 3 months time and life went on.

I had no compunctions about having it removed.  My reaction was, I wanted it out - immediately.

I strive to make the best choices available for me at any given minute. I am not a victim.  I am in charge of my ship. Its my body.  Victims don't have choices and if you take a stand against the medical system you  deny the best they have to offer. Or conversely, you can take the worst they have to offer. Its your call.

Please click here to see the Toronto Star's video on VideoZone - Last chance cancer surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.