Friday, March 23, 2012

Keeping the Safety Net Intact

Eduard Du Bono, is a noted writer and speaker on the theme of creative living. He theorized that people who have the most people holding up their personal safety nets, make it  the tough times easier then those who go it alone.

Let me share this small story with you. There is a man who lived near me. He came down with cancer. The man lived alone. They found his body after he suicided. Some people said that he was courageous in taking that kind of exit from life.  I think it's sad. I won't judge what he did, but I never entertained such a thought even during my worst of times. 

Men, as a whole are more prone to 'go it alone' through life.
Women are social beings and when women go through tough times, the first thing they do is call another woman to give them support.

I am fortunate, for I attend church regularly and there is an active social component built within my life.  And, even more then that I have had many people who have prayed for me during my darkest hours.  

Life is a tough grind when you have to sail alone through stormy seas.  I found that when I was at rock bottom, that I would lay in my bed, listening to my favourite cd's and feel really close to God.  I felt the comfort of feeling loved in the depth of my pain.  

The lesson I learned through it all, is not to abandon others during their low times in their fight for cancer.
You may be the only person they can reach out to.

If you wish to check Du Bono's website out. Please click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.