Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Importance of Testing Your Sugar Level





I had been rather blase about my sugar level. In fact, I had never even considered testing myself. That it is until this past summer when I feared that I had developed hypoglycemia. I found my way into an unnamed 'Big Box Department store'. I bought a small, testing kit which was kept in a small, keather.handheld, zipper bag;

I took the testing device into Medicor Clinc  Toronto with me to explain why I had bought it. Dr. Kahn looked at the readout and said, "That  reading is a high one."  I developed an instant curiousity.

"Is that bad", I asked.

He looked at me and replied: "Look at it this way. The higher your blood sugar reading the more glucose you are feeding your tumours.

Three or so months drifted by and I did another test yesterday and had two readings of 9.4/ 9.5.

This stopped me in my tracks. I stopped and worked my way through my diet and came to the conclusion that I had just been eating glycemic foods or at least food that allowed for such a fast release of energy that it drove my sugar levels over the top.

I had just finished a small desert of fruit: a piece of chopped green pear, a small handful of blackberries and raspberries. I arrived at the conclusion that it was a dietary matter and that being so, then I could easily avoid punching out higher then reasonable scores.'

I have since decided to engage in daily blood testing and to take time to reflect on what may be giving me high sugar readings, and I now had in my hand a device which could prove invaluable in self management and strengthening the power of my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regretably, some companies and some people just don't get it. This blog does not accept spam links - no matter who they are from or how well intentioned they may be. If you want to be considered for me publishing your links, then send me an email. Otherwise don't bother.